Portland Metro when comparing percentage share of the market 1st quarter of 2011 to 1st quarter of 2012
- When comparing the first quarter of 2011 to 20112 distressed sales as a percentage of new listings decreased by 0.5% (31.5% v. 31.0%).
- In a comparison of the first quarter of 2011 with the same period in 2012, distressed sales as a percentage of closed sales decreased by 2.5% (41.7% v. 39.2%).
- Short Sales comprised 16.1% of new listings and was down 0.2% from 2011. However, the percentage of sales rose from 9.9% in 2011 to 13.5% in 2012, a 3.6% rise.
- Bank Owned properties comprised 14.9% of new listings and 25.7% of sales in first quarter 2012, down 0.3% and 6.1% from 2011, respectively.
RMLS coverage area is defined in map below:
* All information provided by the RMLS.
As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), I have specialized training and experience helping people buy and sell distressed properties. Please contact me if I can answer your questions.
All my best,