Portland Metro when comparing percentage share of the market 1st quarter of 2011 to 1st quarter of 2012
- When comparing the first quarter of 2011 to 20112 distressed sales as a percentage of new listings decreased by 0.5% (31.5% v. 31.0%).
- In a comparison of the first quarter of 2011 with the same period in 2012, distressed sales as a percentage of closed sales decreased by 2.5% (41.7% v. 39.2%).
- Short Sales comprised 16.1% of new listings and was down 0.2% from 2011. However, the percentage of sales rose from 9.9% in 2011 to 13.5% in 2012, a 3.6% rise.
- Bank Owned properties comprised 14.9% of new listings and 25.7% of sales in first quarter 2012, down 0.3% and 6.1% from 2011, respectively.
RMLS coverage area is defined in map below:
* All information provided by the RMLS.
As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE), I have specialized training and experience helping people buy and sell distressed properties. Please contact me if I can answer your questions.
All my best,
Only FIVE DAYS remain to apply for the Oregon Homeowner Stabilization Inituitive assistance. Deadline for online applications is January 14th. If you are struggling to make your mortgage payments and can qualify under the financial hardship definition, you may receive up to $20,000 in mortgage payment assistance. Almost sixty million dollars was awarded to the State of Oregon from the Federal Treasury to be used specifically to help people save their homes. Homeowners must have grossed less than the average Oregonian income. They must have experienced a 25% reduction in gross income to qualify. Follow the links below to find out all the details. Unfortunately, the program is for owners of single family detached homes only. This means that condominium and townhome owners (or other “shared wall” owners) do not qualify. As a Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) I can educate you on the foreclosure avoidance options. Call any time.
Here is a link to the frequently asked questions page: OHSI -FAQ
Want to know if you may qualify? Here is a link to the online Program Eligibility Test. GOOD LUCK!
All my best,
Kevin Gorman www.KevinGormanSells.com www.ItsaMatterofTrust.com
- It’s a Matter of Trust
GORMAN-ROSS Real Estate Network
Always happy to respond your real estate questions and referrals